Mary Resek – Country and Western Singer
With two albums released to date, and a new single release to radio stations overseas, Country and Western singer Mary Resek has taken great strides in building her music career.
Her debut album “Two In The Saddle”, released in 2008, had single releases to both Canadian and European radio, along with placing in the top 10 on the ECMA (European Country Music)charts. Her Second Album “Count Me In” released in 2015, contains several original songs from Canadian, American and Irish song writers alike.
Also a yodeler, Mary loves to entertain when she can at various Cowboy Gatherings throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and Montana USA.
Her musical influences and country roots run deep and began at the tender age of four, when her family would gather around the Resek house for their Saturday night jams. Her Dad, who also played in country bands, would play guitar, yodel and sing while the rest of the family would harmonize, and join in with several instruments. Plans are currently underway to take her music to the next level with subsequent single releases to radio, a continuing cross Canada tour promoting Alzheimer awareness, and continuing to develop and spread her music and talent where ever she can.
Mary performs on a regular basis entertaining at Legions, seniors lodges, clubs, private functions, festivals, churches and Stampede events.
* Recipient of the Alberta’s Men and Women of Country Music Lifetime Achievement Award, Hoadley Alberta May 2014
* ACMA nominee for female artist and fan’s choice awards 2012-2016.
* Showcases with ACMA – CCMA week, Edmonton 2010
* Showcases at the Kamloops Cowboy Festival and CCMA’s 2009-2012
* Performer at the Maple Creek Saskatchean Cowboy Festival 2012-2014
* Performer at the Chinook Montana USA Cowboy Festival 2015, 2016
* Showcases at the CCMA’s 2012-13
* Performer at the Windows on the West Stage Calgary Stampede (2010-2016)
* Bashaw Festival of Stars 2011/2013
* Radway Festival Stars 2015
* Torrington Country Music Jamboree 2012